Merman Freedive Korea
About Merman Freedive Korea.
About Freediving.
Freediving Course & Cost.
Lisence Course schedule.
Merman Scuba & Freediving team.
Gallery.

Photo by Kurt Chambers

I was like a keiki in the crack seed store at the Merman Shop, which specializes in competitive freediving equipment. Never have I seen so many original products, which are all made in Korea. And the experience is truly 'custom'; half the items I wanted were assembled in the shop while I was there, fitting them to me (e.g., neck weight) or adopting whatever colors I wanted (nose clips). Speaking of which, the Merman nose clip is one of only two I've found that seals my nose (the only other is the new OMER, while the Trygons and Apnea Academy both required modification for me).
The unique colors of their custom suits were too hard to pass up, so I inquired shortly before the trip. With Merman it's less than a two week turnaround time, as I was able to try it on in the shop and confirm my measurements were applied accurately!
All of the divers I have met and communicated with in Korea bent over backwards to help me, which was how I had the privilege to dive with the haenyeo. Merman was no exception, and I look forward to using and perhaps even distributing their unique and well-made products. Thank you Jungtaek Lim and Hyuk Choi!
http://merman.subnara.info/

Comment

Adress I 452-3, Dogok-dong, Kangnam-gu, Seoul
Company I MERMAN Business License I 114-15-81096
Mail order license l 2014-Seoul Seocho-1969 Chief privacy officer I Lim JungTaek
Owner I Lim JungTaek Tel I 070-4242-3138 E-Mail I pibada6@naver.com
Copyright © 2013 MERMAN Custom GEAR Inc. All rights reserved.